Thursday, August 9, 2012

Birthday time

My mom and sister Shaina were going on a cruise over Owen and Sadie's birthdays so we had a party for both of them on the 13th. We had planned on having a water party but it was overcast and raining off and on so we had to change plans. We started with lunch and then went to the pinata. Rick and I spent many hours on the it and it caused me a bit of stress but it's worth it for my kids. We made one side Mickey Mouse and the other side Minnie Mouse. They loved it.




After the pinata we opened presents. They were so spoiled again this year. I don't even know if I can list everything but I'll try. Owen got a spiderman toy and toy story dart board from my parents, a cool wooden toy that I don't know what to call or even how to explain from grandma Wirsch, a cars book with flashlight from Willie, a frisbee and water shooter from aunt Halie, a play bbq from Sadie and some cars pj shorts from me that I made for him.
Sadie got a princess tea set from my parents, a wooden magnetic train set from grandma Wirsch, a princess book with sounds from uncle Willie, a trophy and pony from aunt Halie, a ball and princess camera from Owen, a couple shirts and pjs from us and a pair of silky pink pj shorts that I made for her.
Together they got a Thomas the tank engine book from Isaac and a trampoline from us.



wearing the shorts I made them.

loved all of her reactions, they were priceless!
So excited about her new clothes!
Next we had cake and ice cream. Since I was already stressed about the pinata I decided to take it easy on the cakes. They both wanted funfetti cake and Owen wanted Cars 2 and Sadie wanted a Princess cake. I made Owens cake blue with red frosting and cars cake toppers and made Sadie's cake pink with pink frosting and princess dress up toppers.

It did rain on us a little but we just moved under the patio. The part was a hit and I was very pleased with the way it went. The only thing that would have made it better is Jason, Katie, Callie and  Madison.



1 comment:

  1. I wish we could have been there! Callie and I loved the video. Callie wanted to watch it over and over (and is still watching it).

    The Mickie/Minnie Mouse pinata was such a cute idea, and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete