Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 8th

So, one of our friends from our ward told us about this really cool "splash park" up by our city library so on Rick's day off, we took Owen and Kaden there to check it out. It was pretty busy but what do you expect on a hot day when it's FREE!?!







They both really loved it but Owen got really cold so we had to take him out and warm him up. Kaden didn't want to play by himself, so we ended up leaving after a little while. I'm sure we'll be going back quite a few more times this summer and years to come. Next time we'll bring Halie and some of her friends along for Kaden to play with.
Later that night, we left Owen with my mom and Rick and I went out to eat at Sizzler. I love that place! It was a very much needed date. We don't get enough. I can't stand being at home nearly 24/7; I go crazy. It's getting really hard for me, in this stage of pregnancy, to take care of our nearly 11 month old. I know people say their kids are active, but Owen really is! He's the most active kid I've ever seen! I cannot belive it when I see people come to church with their babies and they sit in their carseat the entire time, not even making a fuss. There's a baby older than Owen in our ward who still does that! Owen has NEVER done that, not even as a newborn. All I can hope is that after having to deal with Owen, Sadie will be one of those angel babies who sit quietly in their carseats. I will even be pleased if she will just sit quietly at all. Owen has always wanted to know what's going on and jump from place to place. I'm really getting eager to see how we all adjust to having a new baby and seeing how she's going to be with us. I'm scheduled to be induced on July 23rd, so not too far away! Excitement is everywhere!





2 comments:

  1. Wow you are getting close! That has flown by for me:) Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun! I'm glad you guys liked the Splash Park. We will have to see how the weather is this week and maybe we could go together. I bet Brynna would play with Kaden. I think the super-busyness comes with being the oldest in an adults world...Brynna is the same way. She's crazy! Eva is way more mellow than Brynna ever was. I hope you get the same blessing with Sadie. :)

    ReplyDelete