Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finally Blogging

I have been meaning to start a blog for our family for some time now and finally found some time to do it.
To start off, I'll say a little about us. Rick and I met in high school and pretty much dated all 4 years. After hugh school. we both got full time jobs at the Utah State Developmental Center and Rick started attendind UVU in the Emergency Services department. We were married Jan. 10, 2009. I quit that year and gave birth and became a stay at home mom to our wonderful little pride and joy, Owen on July 18th, 2009.
Our family was sealed by my amazing grandpa on Feb. 27th, 2010 in the Manti, Ut. temple, which I have to say is gorgeous, by the way. We are now a forever family.
Rick attended the RCA last fall and graduated in the spring with his Firefighter 1 and 2 and Hazardous Materials Certificates. We are all very proud of his outstanding accomplishment! He is currently trying to get into the Paramedic Program, which has been a little stressfull, but hopefully he will get in soon, applying and testing for fire jobs in the western states, going to school, working at USDC, and still finds time to be a great husband and father. He truely works very hard for his family. I couldn't be more grateful.
I currently learned how to knit and made my first baby blanket for our little girl coming this summer.
Owen turned 9 months a little over a week ago and is now a whopping 17 lbs! He's low on the charts but I don't think he's skinny at all, although it would be nice if he fit into pants better. He is currently crawling, slowly but surely beginning to walk, getting teeth (4 so far) and showing a very cute personality.
Sadie is continuing to grow at a healthy rate and has had no problems. Sometimes I get the feeling she's a little cramped in there and really wants out because she kicks and moves around so much. Maybe she's just trying to kick her older brother who's climbing all over mommy's tummy though. We are very excited for her arrival and cannot wait to meet her!

2 comments:

  1. Kelsie, this was so cute! I am excited to read your blog. I need to do one also. Also, I can't wait to meet Sadie, what a cute name! -Crystalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I love when people do blogs. I am way more faithful to the blogging world than facebook. I am excited to stay up on what your cute family is doing. -Jande
    *we have a blog too if you want an invite to view it send me an email to chadjande@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete